Sunday, October 19, 2008

FP 28 A New Normal

Positioned for Personal Growth

Samuel Chadwick said, "Satan laughs at our good works, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray."

The moment Caleb really got Katherine's attention in the movie FIREPROOF was when he went to his knees in an act of contrition as he told her, "I've asked God to forgive me and He has, and now I ask you to forgive me, too. I was wrong! I was selfish! I made everything about me."

Caleb knew something we all need to learn. The quickest way to the heart of God and those we love is the "new normal" Caleb spoke of when Katherine said to him, "Caleb, this is not normal for you," and he replied, "Welcome to the new normal."

This week I challenge you to work on the new normal by blocking Satan's goal of wrecking your life as you pray and seek God's face in all of your relationships. Maybe you don't need to be on your knees seeking forgiveness (although some may indeed need to), but all of us could use a dose of a new normal of love and consideration for others.

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Philippians 2:3 (ESV)

Until Tomorrow,

Pastor Steve

No comments: