Monday, October 6, 2008

Fireproof Day 3

THE LIKENESS OF THE SEXES
Different - but the same.

This past week we discussed our differences, hoping that everyone had realized by now that there are many differences between men and women. Here are just a few of them:

There are some very obvious differences between men and women. Men have thicker skulls, thicker skin, more red blood cells and more muscle tissue. Women tend to be more resistant to heat and cold and outlive men by several years. They are generally more sensitive by nature and have babies and hot flashes.

From the first moment of birth, little girls have more lip and mouth movement than boys. In a Harvard study of hundreds of preschoolers, researchers found that 100% of the sounds coming from little girls' mouths were words, whereas only 60% of sounds coming from preschool boys were words. The other 40% were yells and sound effects like, "Vrrooom!" "Aaaaagh!" and "Toot, toot!"

But while there are many differences, we should all recognize how we are all the same. Paul said it this way, There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28 (NLT) Knowing this should effect how we treat each other - with the love and respect we have for any other person. So think of it this way: I should treat my wife or husband, or if single, my friend or family member or fellow worker, as good as I would my best friend or person I respect most in the world. In other words, if I treat that special person in any less Christian manner just because I'm close to them and can get away with it, I'm committing a sin in my life and should confess it, turn from it, and ask the Lord to change my attitude and lifestyle to match that of Christ.

So today, treat your husband or wife, or one of those names you put on your list if you're single, the very same way you want to be treated by others. God will bless you and honor you for it.


Until tomorrow,

Pastor Steve

No comments: