Monday, October 6, 2008

Fireproof Day 5

It Begins
The start of something great!

"FIREPROOF: CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING OR PREVENTING DAMAGE BY FIRE."

Tonight and over the next few weeks many of you will see the movie, FIREPROOF. As you do, I want to give you a listener's guide. Ask yourself these questions about yourself and seek to answer them honestly about your relationships, not only as a husband or wife, but also as a parent, youth, or friend. Every relationship is important and as such, deserves the effort of time and communication to make it the best it can possibly be.

  • Is there a problem in my relationship with my spouse or friend? What is my part in the problem? (Don't play the "yeah but" game. "Yeah I might have been wrong but they should/shouldn't have done this or that)
  • Am I seeking to understand my husband/wife/family member/friend?
  • What can I do to immediately change my actions or attitudes?
  • How have I left God out of my life and this relationship?
  • Do I need to extend or ask for forgiveness of a wrong done to another, whether I realized it or not? (Just because I didn't know it, doesn't excuse it. When it's revealed, I have only one option - confess it and turn from it to God's way)
  • Am I willing to do whatever it takes to bring healing to a relationship, and particularly my marriage, that I am in the process of throwing away?

I can hear the gears turning out there as some of you say, "But pastor, you just don't know what I've been through or what I'm going through." No, but God does! He can and will repair, heal, fix, reconstruct, and reconcile any relationship placed into His care when two people are willing to do so. You can't fix anyone else but you can trust God to lovingly rebuild your heart and leave the results up to Him!

Until tomorrow,

Pastor Steve

No comments: