Thursday, June 26, 2008

Guest Blog - Ken Wells

Why?

This past Sundays sermon was great. If you will recall during the service Pastor Steve made a reference to a pencil and how the eraser was for correcting our mistakes. As I wrote this on my bulletin, I ask myself this question. “Why is the eraser so small?” This average pencil is 7 1/2 inches long which includes the eraser. The eraser makes up a very small part of the overall length, with only ¼ inch usable. What is the pencil manufactures trying to tell us? After spending some time with my question this is my conclusion.


I’m to learn from my mistakes and not repeat them. This is a biblical principle that we need to apply to our lives. The pencil is a picture of my relationship with Jesus, when I ask Him to forgive me of my sins, He does; He writes FORGIVEN, and erases my sins but there’s more! Remember the story in the book of John about the women that committed adultery, Jesus forgave her and then said these words; “Go and sin no more.” Read all about this in John 8:1-11. Jesus’ part is to forgive us; our part is to sin more.


So the question to you and me is, are we learning from our mistakes?

No comments: