Friday, March 21, 2008

Silent Saturday

Jesus is dead. On Friday he had been taken from the cross and buried in a borrowed tomb. All four of The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) are eerily silent on this day. What were the disciples thinking? Some of them probably thought, "Boy, are we ever embarrassed - and we thought He was the one! How could we have been so blind?" Some may have reflected on how He had changed their lives over the past three years. Others I'm sure wondered, what was next?

So today, let’s answer these questions:

1. Why are you a Christ-Follower? In the quite moments what do you really believe about Jesus?


2. How has following Christ changed your life?


3. What is God’s next step for you to take?


Prayer
Lord, I am humbled by your amazing love for me and how you willingly gave your life so I could have eternal life. Thank you for the forgiveness I have received. Father, I also want to thank you for the following blessings in my life:

1. ____________
2. ____________
3. ____________
4. ____________
5. ____________

Father, I thank you for everything. I pray in the Name above all names, Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve! I just found your blog! Great job! It sounds like things are going great at TVCC; I'm glad to hear it. Great post here, too. Can't wait for the Sunday post! Thanks also for the link.