Sunday, April 5, 2015

Just Like He Said

EASTER SUNDAY

He did it...He really did it!  The tomb is empty and He is risen from the dead, just as He said.  What love for us!  And what love for the Father Jesus portrayed as He absorbed God's wrath toward sin on our behalf.   Jesus didn't have to die, He chose to!  "...who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2 (ESV) 

Easter joy is God's love letter to all mankind.  It was and is the greatest picture of love in all of history.  Imagine, the Creator dying in order to pay for the sins of the creature.  What an awesome, mighty God we serve!

Our message?  BELIEVE JESUS AND OBEY HIS WORD!  Love God as Christ did, "doing the works of (His) Father."  Whatever it takes, believe!  Don't miss the power and reality of living the resurrected life which Christ makes available to all who believe in Him.  Knowing there's a hell to miss and heaven to gain, Jesus encourages us to do whatever it takes, just don't miss this resurrected Christ.  There's simply too much at stake!

"If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me;  but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
John 10:37-38 (ESV) 

No comments: