Monday, March 30, 2015

HE SET HIS FACE LIKE FLINT

EASTER MONDAY

Sunday, I mentioned a prophecy concerning Christ written some 700 years before it came to pass. Isaiah 50:7 in the NLT states it this way:

Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced.Therefore, I have set my face like a stone,determined to do his will.And I know that I will not be put to shame.
Isaiah 50:7 (NLT) 

What was it that Jesus set His face towards?  Jerusalem and the Cross!  Why was such dogged determination necessary? Because not only did Jesus know when and where He was going to die; He knew how He was going to die!  (See Isaiah 50:6; Luke  

Did you ever think about why Jesus was so "troubled in His spirit?"  Because what He faced was HARD!  Just because it's God's plan does not mean it's easy!  What would He have you to do this week that takes real determination and follow through?  Even if you fear to the point of being "troubled" or dread the task, if you know it's the Father's will, then obey at all costs!

No comments: