Friday, August 28, 2009

Some things are just too funny not to share!

A few days ago, Rick (Warren - Saddleback Church) sent out a twitter that had the following great advice, with one small exception:

4kinds of people u need: MODELS 2follow Ph3:17, MENTORS 4counsel Pr11:14,PARTNERS 2help Ecc4:9-12, FRIENDS 4support Pr7:17

You know how that there are those times when you know you need to listen to that little voice in you? Well, I was preparing to RT Rick's tweet (re-tweet in twitter language) but I heard that voice: Check his references! So I did. And when I came to the last one, there it was.

What was supposed to be FRIENDS 4support Pr 17:17 - A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need, had accidentally been referenced as Pr 7:17 which reads: I've perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

Well, when I sent Rick a message with the obvious fun I'd enjoyed over the mistake of the missing '1' and that it was certainly a different FRIENDS than I'd imagined, here was his reply he sent to me and our TVCC family:

Steve, that is HILARIOUS! Great catch! I wonder who else will catch it!Tell your church that I told you I'm praying for you & them!

It doesn't matter who we are, we must be able to laugh at ourselves and as Rick says, "Don't take ourselves too seriously!" Thanks for your prayers & friendship Rick.

Looking forward to teaching you Part 5 of Fanatic: I will DO WHATEVER IT TAKES! Be there and bring someone with you! Don't forget, it's baptism weekend at TVCC.

You can follow Rick too. Send a txt message follow rickwarren from your phone to 40404. Then just follow the instructions.

No comments: