Friday, April 10, 2009

Finished - When He Said So

Have you ever heard anyone say, "It will be finished when I say it's finished?" In other words, they're controlling the situation and it will be done when they say it's done! Notice this last act of Jesus Christ on the Cross:

Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit.
Matthew 27:50 (NLT)

He didn't just die - at least not as we think of it. I've been at the bedside of many who have, as we say it, passed away. While many have been ready to go on to be with the Lord, they died when they weren't able to live any longer. Not so with Jesus.

When Jesus released his spirit, he voluntarily died at the appointed time; when he was supposed to. In other words, it is as Jesus said in John chapter 10:18:
No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.” John 10:18

Which further proves the fact that all Jesus did, was from divine appointment and of his own free will. As the old song says, "He could have called ten thousand angels, but he died alone for you and me." And, truth be known - if he had not chosen to die at that moment - he would not have. It was of his own free will in obedience to the Father. What great love!

May you, wherever you're reading this and wherever you celebrate Easter this weekend, know that by repenting of your sin and accepting Christ as Lord and Savior, you have released your life into His hands and that your redemption is complete through the all sufficient death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
HE IS RISEN!

No comments: