Monday, April 14, 2008

STRESSED OUT!

April 20 - Part 1 - Meds

STRESSED OUT! Why am I so overwhelmed?

Could it be that the one thing that would DE-STRESS the day-to-day grind of life is missing? Can you say that you have joy, even in the midst of the daily burdens of life? If not, try this remedy on for a change; a daily quiet time with God. Don't know how? I'm including two links today to help you get started in the de-stressing process. One is My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers and the other is a pdf developed by Rick Warren to help you get started with a daily time with God.

Remember, all other religions say "D-O" in order to gain God's favor. The Christian faith begins with "D-O-N-E".So the Holy Habits are not about earning favor- they are more about us allowing God to mold us. After all, He is the potter and we are clay - and He wants to shape us.So I thought today I would give you 2 tools for developing the discipline or habit of a daily time with God.

Do you have a favorite Bible verse you're drawn to during times of high stress in your life? Why not share it with us? To give feedback on this, simply click here and then on the comment link at the bottom of this post on my website. You can also click here to automatically receive my posts in your inbox.

Click on this Link for a pdf developed by Rick Warren to help you get started with a daily time with God


Click on this Link for Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest


6 comments:

j9 said...

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Anonymous said...

In times of stress,anxiety and worry, I love to read, and reread, Luke 12:22-34.

Debbie Owen

Pastor Steve said...

Thanks for the scriptures! They are some of my favorites also.

jhint50 said...

1 PETER 5:8-9
Be sober! Be on the alert! Your adversary the Devil is
prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for anyone
he can devour.

Resist him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings
are being experienced by your brothers in the world.

cris said...

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Teresa Nash said...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13. I have said this over and over here lately.God is so good. He has answered prayers and I give him all the praise.Thank you Lord.