Thursday, April 17, 2008

More than Meds

STRESSED OUT!
Meds - Part 1
How do you cope with stress?

Stress. It comes about in many different ways and can literally wreck a moment, a relationship, or a life. The fact of stress is non-negotiable...it is coming! The only consideration is, what will I do when it arrives? Will I act or react? The choice can be life saving or life destroying.

You see, Meds is a two week series about so much more than whether or not you take a pill. In the first week we're going to talk about how we deal with the stressors in our lives, i.e. what's your coping mechanism? For some it's food. For another it's sleep. For others it's a bad relationship while yet others may self-medicate. I know of many people who handle stress by rejecting others or anger or pouting or violence.

In week two, we'll teach you how to turn pain into gain. It's going to be a great mini series! It's a wonderful on-ramp to bring someone new with you to TVCC.

So you see, this weekend is going to help all of us learn to deal with 'what's eating at us' in a positive, rather than a negative way. You probably know someone right now who could 'take this series and call me in the morning!' Who knows? Maybe it's you!

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29 (NLT)

No comments: