Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday 4


I am a Fantastic Four fan. Okay - it's out! It was a comic book I couldn't wait to get my hands on as a youngster ( yes I was one once!) I love the Fantastic 4 movies as well. A pastor friend of mine uses this Friday's Fantastic 4 as a way of sending interesting links and helpful information to those who follow his blog so I borrowed (stole) his idea and thought I'd give it a try. If these are helpful to you, and you'll drop me a line and let me know, I'll post 4 more links each Friday. If they're not, well as the old saying goes, "Nothing ventured - nothing gained".


Need a pick-me-up going into the weekend? Here's some suggestions to get your weekend started off right as well as prepare you for worship this weekend!


There is nothing, absolutely nothing more important for a Christ-Follower than to spend time daily with God. If you want to take your walk with the Father to the next level, invest time one on one with HIM. Here are four links that are great places to get going on that "Well, I've been meaning to" daily time with God.


1. Read the Bible in a year. There are many great sources online for you to use to do this. These are just two of many: Online Bible in A Year or Crosswalk or just Google: Read the Bible In a Year.


2. Drive Time Devotionals by Tom Holladay from Saddleback Community Church. These are approximately 10 minute devotionals you can sync with your ipod or mp3 and take with you.


3. Online devotional My Utmost for His Highest (my favorite!).


4. This online resource has Bible translations, reference books and much more.

Hope you find these resources helpful as you GROW as a disciple of Christ!

No comments: