Friday, May 30, 2008

Give That Man A Klondike Bar!


A couple of days ago I saw a commercial where a man and his wife were talking and a young, sleek woman sachet by and the man never broke eye contact with his wife, but just kept talking and giving her his full attention. After she had passed by without so much as a mini-second of attention from the faithful husband, the classic line was given as congratulations! GIVE THAT MAN A KLONDIKE BAR! HE NEVER LOOKED AWAY FROM HIS WIFE! Wow! What a lesson all men (and women) could learn from this as we seek to honor, uplift and cherish our own spouses. There's a great Biblical lesson we men should have learned long ago from Job in the Old Testament when he said, "I made a solemn pact with myself never to undress a girl with my eyes." Job 31:1 (MSG)
Give that man a Klondike Bar!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

huh...I JUST read that passage...AND, I right after that I wrote a post about THAT klondike add. I wanted to see what others thought of the ad and saw your post.
very cool!
thanx
-sam (an unmarried female who cares about people's marriages)

http://musingswithsam.wordpress.com/2008/08/30/klondike-bars-care-about-marital-faithfulness/